Subject: [Leica] Framelines question
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:52:14 -0600 (MDT)

I just received my first Leica bayonet mount camera, after using screw
mounts for the past 3 years.
I bought a M4-2, and have been enjoying shooting it this weekend.

In the manual for the M4-2, it shows the framelines for 50, and 90
selected individually, and for 35/135 with the other setting of the lever.
My Laney guide says 28 and 75 mm framelines were available as factory
conversion. Mine has some lines in addition to those shown in the manual.

When a 50 mm lines are selected, four small corners appear inside the 50
frame. Are those the 75 marks??

When the 90 mm lines are selected, four lines appear almost at the edges
of the finder. Are these the 28 marks?

I was really quite surprised in comparing the M4-2 to the II(d) and IIIa I
use regularly. Other than the height, the body is very similar in size,
and a lot more compact than I had thought the M's would be. Right now I am
going to have to use an adapter and LTM lenses, but hope to begin adding
some bayonet mounts to it in the future.

Thanks in advance
Noel Charchuk