Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwins last comments on the marketing experts
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:19:03 +1000

Aubin wrote:

Snip:

> Hi Erwin,
>
> lovely posting.  I have to laugh, there are a whole lot of experts out there
> when it comes to telling other people how to run their own multi-million
> dollar international business.  As a Boeing employee I hear it all the time
> from people who just know they're a lot better at designing and marketing
> airplanes.

Is this the reason, why most big companies have suggestion boxes on the shop floor.For
some strange reasons, many of the suggestions( from non-managment workers) are later used
and the owner of the suggestions get paid well.

> Its okay, they do care.  They wouldn't make so much noise and get so
> involved if they didn't, and you have to respect that fervor.  I used to think
> that I knew it all too, then as I got more involved in managing things, I
> found out that there were ten things going on for everything I knew about.

Well, how patronizing can you get!!!.  You forgot to say: "Let'em,  after all, they can't
do any harm."

Horst Schmidt