Subject: [Leica] Calendar Photo
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:36:09 -0700

Hi All,

As we are coming to the new year, I thought I would pass along something of
interest.
A good friend of mine, Gary Jost, is a adventure photographer who has
published a panoramic calendar for 2000 with an image that is just stunning.
It is a combination of 5 shots taken from Kala Pattar at 18,450 feet in the
Himalayas.  They were digitized and put together in PhotoShop to form a
magnificent panoramic (Entire calendar is 36 x 14, Panoramic Photo is
actually about 34 x 7 1/4) .  The photo shows Mt. Everest, Lhotse, and other
peaks all labeled.  Thought if anyone wanted to really see what PhotoShop is
capable of this would be a cheap introduction.  Also, for those interested
in seeing what it looks like at the highest point on earth without having to
go there (too cold for me).

For the record, all proceeds go to help Children around the globe.  Gary
donates much of his time and works with local organizations such as the
Rotary Clubs to help the children in places like Honduras, Nepal and other
areas where disasters have struck.  Cost for the poster is only $12 plus
shipping ($2 to $3.20 shipped in a tube.  Shipping depends if you want 1st
class or Priority Mail in US). You can reach him at garyljost@aol.com if
interested.

If you would like to see what the photo looks like, Tamron has it on their
website at  http://www.tamron.com/35mm/images/pictures/garyljost.gif

Please excuse me if this e-mail offends anyone.

Peter K