Subject: Re: [Leica] 16mm Aaaton
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:27:47 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:

> .......which reminds me of a story from a cinematographer friend who during
> the Reagan White House was in the news gallery with his 16mm Aaaton when the
> Sony Betacam shooter beside him looked at the camera and asked "What kind of
> camera is that?" To which my friend answered "Why this is the latest High
> Definition TV camera."
> Steve
> Annapolis
>
> ----------
I had a BBC film crew in my darkroom a few years back interviewing me and doing
macro work of my Courtney Love contact sheets which we tacked on the wall and I
would walk by and jiggle the camera. I had done her first Promo pack and now
she's famous and this is the "Kurt and Courtney" guy.
I'm reading "Aaton" on the front of the camera while they have it pointing at me
and I'm asking what kind of camera it was (16 or 35 I saw the Nagra).
The guy carefully explains to me that this is a "different" kind of camera. "It
shoots film!".
"Wow!" I said "Film!" like I never heard of it. There we were in my darkroom and
I'm an idiot.
Mark Rabiner