Subject: Re: [Leica] How to support Leica?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:22:37 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:
><Snip>
> I love the M. You love the M. We both swear by it. The difference between
> us, I guess, is that I feel that because a camera like the F5 offers the
> photographer so many technological options, the F5 is a better value for the
> photographer who is going to avail him or herself of those options.
>
> B. D.
We agree on most of this quite closely so it is not us that should be arguing
even in this positive way.
I have shot skateboarders rushing toward and over me with the fill flash AF
Nikons and I got it out of my system I guess.
The stuff works brilliantly and I could get into it but I guess I didn't.
Absolutely the M6 is not all things for all people and we like to be in the
minority I guess. There are great photogs out there with F5's and I would I
admit not turn one down and would not sell the gift. The M6 is a fine instrument
measured by less than common rules.
Mark Rabiner