Subject: [Leica] while you were out debating ...
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:00:57 -0700 (PDT)

This weekend, two young cousins of mine from NY arrived in San Francisco
for their first visit. I tossed a roll of Fuji Superia Reala into the CL
(well, rather I carefully and painstakingly threaded a roll into the CL
because of all the cameras I've ever owned, the CL constantly tries to
defeat me by not loading properly... but I digress), picked them up, and
took them on a tour down the Peninsula, to the waterfront, down the coast
to Monterey and to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We didn't have time to stop
for much photography along the way, but I managed to snap a few pictures
of them at the Aquarium.

Sunday I met them up in San Francisco and we went to Ghirardelli Square,
staked out a nice table on the patio, and watched the Blue Angels perform
overhead while I snapped a couple more pictures of them, the Square, the
Blue Angels flying overhead and a couple of people there watching too.

None of this was high art, but I have to say that the CL's lens produced
the usual, magical results: the photographs of these two lovely young
women are just delightful, they're going to like them a lot. I am very
impressed with the details that they were able to render on the jets as
they flew overhead too ... pretty darn good for a 40mm lens, the image of
a jet at the altitudes they're flying was only about 3mm long on film.