Subject: value. was: RE: [Leica] How to support Leica?
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:23:07 -0400

Let's really talk about value.

> > Is the M a terrific camera? Yes. Am I willing to pay what Leica charges?
> > Obviously I am, as I now have two M6s. But am I getting the value for my
> > money that someone purchasing an F5 is getting? I don't think
> so. The M6 is
> > the much more expensive camera.
> >
> > B. D.

	I recently had the opportunity to take some available light photos with an
M6 and 50/2 Summicron next to a Canon A2E (~$550) and EF 85/1.8 (~$320). The
light was *very* dim, the moment was precious, the Leica shots were tack
sharp and brilliant, focussed perfectly on a baby's eyelashes and wide open.
Most of the Canon shots were out of focus, or had the impression of being so
(even if the cheek is tack sharp, and the eyelash OOF ... the whole image
looks OOF).

	For me the value is the ability to get priceless photos.

Jonathan Borden

P.S. OTOH, the Canon 100/2.8 macro at ~$500 is a tremendous value :-)