Subject: RE: [Leica] paperless???
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:27:17 -0400

A digit is a finger. Digital means literally 'of the fingers' and refers to
the common practice of counting using either a bent or straight finger.
Using such a definition:
*** is symbolically digital referring to the number 3 which is symbolic.
'***' is also a symbol which may or may not refer to the number 3. Digits
are symbols but not all symbols are digits, at least not in English. Using
your own language you may define these terms as you please.

Jonathan Borden