Subject: RE: [Leica] M6-HM Viewfinder on M2
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:04:38 -0700

I guess maybe Dan is right, and I owe the leicadigest@hotmail.com person an
apology.  Your questions seem sincere.

I would point out  that the use of pseudomyms, hidden behind a blind email
ISP, like Hotmail, makes me think very suspiciously of your sincerity......
Could you come out from behind the door and at least sign your real name to
these emails?   Even a first name helps.

The only way a LTM lens can be placed on a M series body requires an
adaptor.  That adaptor automatically registers the frame in the VF.  Theses
adaptors are/were available in discrete steps for 35, 50, 90, and 135
lenses.  You use the correct adaptor for the frameline you wish to view,
based on the lens' FL.

On the subject of putting an HM VF into a M2.... while maybe this is
possible, the cost would be outrageous.  Either get a replacement M2 VF or
sell the Mw and get an M6 HM camera.  In the long run, you will be better
off....

Frank