Subject: RE: [Leica] do your homework, please!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:13:59 -0000

> Erwin Puts wrote:
>
> > The current French philosophers are masters in the art of naive
> > nonsensical  discourse based on hardly or falsely understood modern
> > science.   Read the book by Socal and Bricmont.
>
> While you're bashing current continental philosophy with the
> grand strokes of
> casual generalization and recommending Impostures
> Intellectuelles, you might want
> to note that the NYU physicist who coauthored the book and
> wrote the article in
> Social Text which inspired it is Alan Sokal, spelled with a
> 'k' not a 'c'.
>
> Best,
>
> Aaron

DR. BLACKTAPE IS FORCED TO JUMP IN WITH BOTH LEFT FEET...

...1. This is a photography list, not a philosophy list;
...2. This is a photography list, not a spelling list;
...3. It is EXTREMELY tacky to chastise someone whose first language is NOT
English for their English spelling;
...4. While I know Erwin needs no defending, given the astounding volume of
truly worthwhile accurate information he provides the LUG about the
perported subject of this list, I for one don't much care what he misspells
when wandering off topic.

Now, back to Pharma PR...