Subject: Re: [Leica] The new Konica hexar RF; take a look
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:21:14 +0800

Larry Kopitnik wrote:

> And by the way, did anyone else notice that the flash pictured on the C'dI
> page looks exactly like the Olympus S-20 flash (made by Metz)? Which is the
> same flash as the one offered for the Minilux Zoom. I suppose the Konica
> one, like the Minilux flash, has TTL circuitry added. It has the same power
> as the Leica SF-20 but is substantially smaller. And the Olympus version
> comes with a diffuser covering the angle of a 24 mm lens.

The Olympus S20 flash is manufactured by Matsushita Electrics in Osaka,
Japan.  Matsushita is the manufacturer of Panasonic, National and
Technics products.  The same flash is also available as Panasonic 20S.
The Panasonic version has only one auto f/stop (instead of two), but has
remote slave facility.

The Leica Flash CF for the Minilux Zoom is also based on the S20, it has
an extra hotshoe contact to switch off the built-in flash of the Minilux
Zoom.  It has no TTL circuitry, however.

Joseph - distributor of Matsushita products in China and SE Asia.