Subject: Re: [Leica] cameras and guitars
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:44:03 +0200

From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 1999 00:57
Subject: [Leica] cameras and guitars

> As for the larger formats, well, e are currently talking
> about the difficulty of making a 35x24 CCD... how long will
> it take to make an 8x10 CCD?

I'm not even sure that we can economically produce 24x36 CCDs.  An 8x10-inch CCD
seems implausible.  Some other method of image capture will probably be
necessary.  Currently, there is no other method, so film will rule in that realm
until some sort of breakthrough occurs.

> How many of the current crop of digital cameras do you
> suppose it will be a pleasure to see in a junk shop
> in thirty years time?

Out of all cameras ever manufactured, how many do you see with any regularity in
second-hand shops?

  -- Anthony