Subject: [Leica] iiif happy ending
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:52:58 -0800

folks,

i just wanted to say that the problem i was having with a recently
purchased iiif (described below in my original post) has been happily
corrected, wiped away, as it were, with a cla from klaus kettenberg at
professional camera. he explained to me that the streaky frames i was
getting were the result of the shutter curtains not firing properly at fast
speeds - 1/500 and 1/1000. the first curtain was slow to fire and was
'dragging' the second curtain (as opposed to triggering it, i suppose).
whatever the case may be, it's working fine now (i've already put a couple
of rolls through it), and i wanted to let those who responded to my
original request for help know that all was well and to thank them again
for their suggestions.

guy

p.s. i highly recommend k. kettenberg for your leica repairs. he's
extremely competent and knowledgeable, in addition to being a leica fanatic
and an all around nice person. you can find his info on the lhsa site,
under repairs.

*