Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lens recommendation
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:47:28 -0700

Aaron Ruby wrote:
><Snip>  The problem there is that it might unnecessarily limit
> maximum magnification on my Saunders 670VCCE relative to the 80mm lens.
> On the other hand, I hate dealing with unnecessary light fall off due to
> poor coverage.
>
> I just bought a used Fuji GW670III and I'm dying to be able to print
> negs from it! Any recommendations would be more than welcome. If you
><Snip>

I forgot about the 105. The Nikon is a classic which is much better than thier
80. It is designed to cover 6x9 so with 6x7 you've got some leeway. But I'd
still go for the 135. I'm talking numbers not brands. The numbers (focal
lengths) would usually match up in terms of coverage brand to brand unless
you've got yourself into some super high end wide angle APO thing. I don't like
the wide angles (I know Leica is famous for them I'm sorry) they make you
scrunch down and then your edges are never going to be as sharp and light fall
off is always a question.
Mark Rabiner
I love printing 6x9 full frame black border and telling people it's 35mm and I
have a secret film/developer formula. :)