Subject: Re: [Leica] Yasuhara Leica Clone [Vaporware?]
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:27:30 -0700

Jem Kime wrote:

> Robert,
> I managed to buy one of these cameras from a friend in Japan who ordered 3!
> They are dissappointing, the quality seems rather poor, way off Minolta CLE
> and the Konica standards, perhaps inferior to the 'Voigtlander' too.
> The leds in the viewfinder are all but invisible unless eye squinting is
> carried out and the background is appropriately suitable.
> However it does have a cute 50's 'retro' look and does offer a 1:1
> viewfinder, the frame lines are slightly fuzzy though. It feels
> insubstantial but then it wasn't that expensive.
>
> best wishes,
>
> Jem
><Snip>
> are the Voigtlaender Bessa-L, and the Yasuhara T981,

All this plastic! The world seems to think we Leicanuts want a Holga to put our
ASPH's on.
I'd rather put the Holga plastic lens on my Leica! But I'll settle for a screw
mount adaptor to put on an old uncoated whale oiled Leica lens... Should have
all the extra flavour anyone would want... All the overtones... All the noise.
Mark Rabiner