Subject: Re: [Leica] PORTRAIT LENS: Summicron, Elmar, Elmarit?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 08:23:53 +0200

You are in luck, since Leica has just come out with a fabulous new 90mm
Summicron Apo Asph. This means two things: you can either buy this lens
and have the very best; or if you can live with a lens that is one stop
slower, you can buy a second-hand 90mm Elmarit, also an excellent lens
which is quite inexpensive now (relatively speaking, we are talking Leica
after all).

Nathan

RBucha7924@aol.com wrote:

> For the smaller prints ( 11 x 14 and smaller) been considering
> an M6 with a 90mm lens.  Which lens would you recommend?  I
> prefer the Leica look to my medium and large format lenses. I
> would prefer to use 35mm for smaller prints even though I would
> be sacrificing any retouch work on the negative.  Also planned
> on my own processing and printing (haven't done that for 25 years)
> for my 35mm work, and process only for medium and large format.
> Which head and lens would you recommend for the Leica enlarger?
>
> BTW...
> My films are NPS 160 @100, Neopan 1600 @ 800, and XP2 400 @200.
> What chemicals and paper would all of you all recommend for  printing
> and processing.
>                                                 -Rick

- --
Nathan Wajsman