Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Build Quality
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:25:52 +0800

Hi LUGGERS,
I am sorry to report that the rangefinder in my M6HM TTL has gone out of
alignment again! Some of you may recall that I purchased the camera the end
of May and took it for a tweaking of the viewfinder in late June, prior to
6 weeks of excellent picture taking in England, Scotland and North America.
Since being back in  Hong Kong I have not used the HM until this weekend
and when I took it out of the drybox and checked infinity focussing out the
window - at infinity the double images again did not come together. Now I
know I will have this fixed in 10 minutes with a smile at Schmidt (local
Leica agent) in the building next to my office but I do find it irritating
all the same. My M6 from 1987 and my M6HM from June 1998 never had any
rangefinder problems.
Best Regards
Howard Cummer.