Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: 35mm f2.0 Summicron-M, late German
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:54:31 -0000

Hey, Michael, what are you up to. Are we going to get together at some
point? I could do with having someone who knows what they're talking about
go over some of my stuff...Self-criticism is amusing, but not necessarily
particularly valuable.

By the way, have you seen the latest issue of Double Take? It features
previously "unpublished" - duh - work prints of photos taken by Gene Smith
of the jazz musicians who hung out on the floors above him on 6th Ave. in
the 50s - and has a pretty interesting accomanying article. I must say he
certainly could have done with faster film and lenses...

I finally bit the bullet and got the 75 Summilux - giving up my 50, 90 and
Nikkor 85 1.4 to do it...But thus far it seems to be worth it. Pretty
spectacular lens, although I can see that I am going to need to pick up a 50
at some point - probably the new Japanese scew mount 50 1.5, which is
reportedly going to go for less than 500 and is better than the Summilux....

But the combination of 21-35 and 75 really is a winner...

Keep in touch...

B. D.