Subject: [Leica] re: loading film (was: Devil's Advocate)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:57:45 -0700 (PDT)

First time I'd loaded a Leica M in several years was Saturday morning and
it took me about 20 seconds.

 - Pop the baseplate off, stick it in my pocket.
 - Grab a roll of film out of the bag.
 - Put cassette halfway into the slot, pull the leader across until it
   will drop into the take-up claw.
 - Push the film canister and the leader down. If the leader has a kink in
   it, wiggle the film until it slides square onto the film gate.
 - Flip the back down, put the baseplate on, wind.
 - Always check the rewind crank as you wind to the #1 frame to be sure
   the film is moving.

It seems so easy to me. Of course, I have no problem loading my F3 either.

godfrey