Subject: [Leica] Nikon Lenses
From: "Elliot M. Puritz, MD" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 07:33:55 -0400

Cannot let the opportunity pass without offering some comments about
Nikon lenses, most of which I have never used.  Of course, I do not have the
experience that many of you have with regards to the use of diverse lenses
and bodies.

Many large format photographers....I know that we all shoot Leica...call the
Apo-Nikkors the sharpest lenses they have ever used.  Objective charts....I
know about our controversy about such charts...tend to confirm many of
such anecdotal observations.  We are not talking about Bokeh, just
accutance.  Color rendition will, of course, vary from maker to maker.
Furthermore, I have heard that the Nikon screw mount lenses are sharper
then most of the Leica lenses of similar focal length. Since I have never
used these lenses personally I wonder if Marc might comment.

Elliot