Subject: [Leica] Update LUG HUG Photo day and dinner
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:09:13 -0700

We are nearing twenty LUG/HUG folks for this photo day along the Carmel-Big
Sur coast, followed by a great dinner and Photography talk. Many are
staying overnight so we might continue on Sunday. This will be an
individual spontaneous decision at the time.

I will be spending the week of Oct. 25 down there and will be making the
dinner reservations at that time. Therefore, if you are planning on going
but have not yet told me, please do so by Sunday Oct. 24. If you won't know
until the last minute, that is OK too. Just show up. I'll fudge the
reservations enough to accommodate extras. I'll Email the dinner plans to
everyone when I get back on Oct. 31.

Several people are bringing family members as well (me) so don't be afraid
to do the same. Make sure they are included in the head count. Some folks
are inviting other (non Leica/Hasselblad) photographers as well, as this is
to be a fun photography day rather than a brand recognition day. With 75%
of the LUG traffic consumed by Cosina and Voightlander, I'm not sure if it
is still a LUG. I fully intend on using my 4x5 for the "awesome grandeur"
scenics. Big original = big prints.

At this time, Tom Brichta (Leica rep) is going. Peter Powers (Hasselblad
rep) is not going.

If you missed my original announcement post describing what we are doing,
etc., please Email me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks,

Jim Brick