Subject: Re: [Leica] Anthony's j'accuse
From: "Dawn Klein" <dmklein@excel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 02:13:34 -0700

The 28 to 70 range is more useful than most people would imagine.  One of my
favorite lenses are in my Nikon stable, a 28~45mm Nikkor f4.5.  Big slow,
but sharp, particulaly from f5.6 down.  Wide open its is very good, but only
gets better..  I would imagine the Leica 28 to 70 to be very very good.

The comments I read about Nikon's perpetual backorder problems, apparently
are still with us....20 years later.  When I was in my prime Nikon buying
years, it go so I would ask the dealer, "So what is the backorder time on
this lens?"  I know it would be nearly suicidal for camera companies to
crank out a bunch more than they think they could sell, and then be stuck
with them.  Can't really blame them.

gck