Subject: Re: [Leica] Test charts and 28-70 AF-S
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:52:39 EDT

Anthony, you are just a much better photographer than I.   I am now motivated
to increase my film usage from 25-50 rolls per month to at least 100.   I am
still happy that I got rid of the 28-70.   I can't afford to miss a shot!  I
know where there is a used one if anyone is interested?

Bob

<< > Must be a typo.....my F5 will set to 1/2500, not 1/2520.

 Nope.  I was using aperture priority and the F5 sets shutter speeds
steplessly
 in this mode.  When I set the aperture to f/2.8 (to maximize depth of field)
in
 bright sunlight, it selected 1/2520 as the shutter speed, as I recall (it
could
 have been 1/2250).  I remember being intrigued by the fact that it selected
such
 a precise shutter speed, instead of rounding it off.  I also found it amusing
 that it could even go that high--with a Leica, I would have been out of luck.

 The resulting images looked great to me when I scanned them.  And much better
 than the 24-120--and the 24-120 is no slouch.

   -- Anthony >>