Subject: Re: [Leica] Suggestion for meter
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:53:40 +0200

From: Jeff <jfrankel@worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 15:27
Subject: [Leica] Suggestion for meter

> My Weston III meter finally died.  It is probably not
> feasible to resurrect it.  The question is what meter
> should I use with my IIIf?

I got a Minolta Spotmeter F a while ago and it seems like a very nice meter.
Since I bought it, I have coincidentally heard many positive comments about it
from photographers and especially cinematographers, so I must not be the only
one satisfied with it.  I used it to try to meter for some shots of the Eiffel
Tower at night, and lo!... it worked!  It is kind of bulky, though (looks like a
very small camcorder, and I'm sure a lot of people who see me using it think
that's what it is).  It cost about $700 here in overpriced France, and probably
costs $495 or so in the U.S.--not sure if that is in your price range or not.
It has some cool averaging functions that come in handy, plus a backlight for
the display and some other interesting features.

  -- Anthony