Subject: [Leica] Re: Suggestion for meter
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:35:13 -0400

My choice wehn using a LTM is the Zeiss Ikophot. These cost about $30 at
swap meets and require no batteries. Small and light.

The various M meters will not work on a IIIf becasue they are designed to
couple to the shutter speed dial.

Ken Wilcox

At 09:27 AM 10/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to toss out a request for a recommendation.
>
>My Weston III meter finally died.  It is probably not feasible to resurrect
>it.  The question is what meter should I use with my IIIf?
>
>Should I buy another used Weston?
>Is there a clip on meter that is designed for the SM series that would be
>reliable?
>Would a M series clip on meter fit the camera and work for me?
>Should I buy some new fangled techno/electro job with flashing lights?
>Should I just continue to "eyeball" the exposure and forget about a meter
>altogether?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>