Subject: Re: [Leica] Your questions for the After Market Wizards
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:27:14 GMT

Nathan I agree with your assessment.  Strangely I can mention far more
updates or improvements that would make the M6 better, but precious few for
the LTM cameras.

The view finder is perfect for 50mm lenses, and additional viewfinders are
available if you don't like that one.
The size of the camera is what all Leica's should be.

To me this is the perfect photographic tool.  It holds lenses, and the
shutter works!  Nothing else gets in your way.  The small dials and lack of
a meter force you to work in a different way; anticipating action and
preparing for it, versus just reacting as quickly as you can.

It is this anticipation that makes the candid shot possible with these
cameras.  When I am shooting an older camera I worry less about exposure,
and even focus for that matter, and just shoot the damn thing.  I think this
is part of what formed some of the style of the early masters of 35mm
photography.

Even the M series seems over cooked in many ways by comparison.  The extra
frame lines, larger size, and inflated market prices make it seem a bit
pretentious next to a little IIIf. (no flames please, I still like my M6
very much)

Best wishes
Dan States