Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic: Zion National Park
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:18:48 -0700

Bill Christensen wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who provided comments on Zion.  My trusty Leicas will
> visit next week and hopefully, some special images will be etched into the
> emulsion.

Bill,
If you get a chance take the road up to the plateau above and to the west of the
canyon.  Quite wonderful vistas and a few places to look down into the canyon,
very uncrowded (though the last time I was there was in December and we could
only go a far as the snow plow).  Also, note the textures (organic and non
organic) on the walls of the canyon if you can hike in to where you boots start
to get wet.

donal
- --
Donal Philby