Subject: Re: [Leica] I really want a screwmount Leica
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:54:24 -0800

>Mike,
>Forget ebay, there's a lovely outfit for sale near me, an early II with 3
>lenses (50, 90 and 135 Elmars if I recall) all in lovely early black shiny
>finish, just 595 UKP, about a 1000 USD. delightful, details on request,
>(I'm not on commission, just want to see them go to a good home)
>
>Jem

now jem,

ebay is certainly not the be all and end all of leica cameras up for sale,
but it is a great place to look at a number of cameras and lenses in
varying degrees of collectorness/userness and thus get an idea for what
what's out there and what things sell for. while the ideal would be to buy
from a friend you knew took care of the camera, that's not always possible.
used judiciuosly, ebay can be the source of some good leica deals, as a
number of lugnutz have contested (myself included).

now, you wouldn't know anyone with a summaron 28/5.6 for sale at an equally
reasonabe price, would you...

guy