Subject: [Leica] WAY off-topic (so I guess the thread will go for a long time), wa s RE: [Leica] Re: judicious use of plastics
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:14:32 -0400

BD,

absolutely right. I've worn my GMT Master for around 16 years - despite
regular servicing, it keeps lousy time, and will do so a long way
underwater, at the North Pole, etc. Shame I never go there when I need to
know roughly what the time is.

My various quartz-controlled timepieces keep very accurate time, have less
service outage time (i.e. replacing a battery is quicker than getting my GMT
serviced), don't stop when dropped (yes folks, Rolexes do), and are better
warrantied than brand R.

They probably won't become heirlooms, but are also probably a lot less toll
on the planet to produce than brand R.

Gotta love those engineers. If only they'd stick to engineering...

Alistair