Subject: Re: Erwin's condition, was [Leica] LHSA Reports
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:22:15 +0000

LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote:
>Dear LUGers,
>
>I spent some time with Erwin in the hospital today.  Tom A., Tuulikki,
>Alistair and I paid him a visit.  Erwin was in excellent spirits and was
>somewhat taken aback that his hospitalization had been already reported on
>the LUG.  He is a rather private person and likes to keep personal health
>matters to himself.
>Erwin became ill right before he was scheduled to speak at the LHSA
meeting.
>He had just approached me to speak to me about his presentation when he
>collapsed.  He received excellent immediate medical attention by several
LHSA
>members who are physicians.  Within minutes he was rushed to a nearby
>hospital.  Per Erwin's wishes I will not go into any details of his
condition
>now, other than to say that he will be undergoing tests for the next few
days
>before he can return home.  His prognosis is excellent and he does not
appear
>to be in any immediate danger, but we all had quite a scare.
>After talking about his situation for about 5 minutes, talk soon turned to
>Leica optics and lens design.  Then Alistair took out his Model II Leica and
>began documenting the scene.  Tom followed suit, Tuulikki dispensed a Softie
>to Erwin, and I was compelled to record it all with my 24 ASPH.  Very handy
>for the tight quarters we were in!  I thought we would be shooed out by the
>nurses at any moment for creating such a disturbance!  Erwin's spirits
really
>had a boost.
>Soon it was time to go.  Erwin promised me he will supply a written copy of
>his presentation.  But for now, he must rest and endure the pokes and prods
>of the doctors.  He appreciates your concern.  Alistair and I will be
>checking on him on a regular basis to ensure his speedy recovery.
>That's all the news for now.
>
>Bill Rosauer

Bill

Thanks for your concern and also your feedback about Erwin.  Many of us in
the LUG are really fond of him.

I would like to offer my expertise but, being a gynaecologist myself, I am
sure Erwin would feel most uncomfortable if I were to handle his medical
condition ;-).  You might want to tell him that to make sure he gets well
soon!!

Do keep us informed....

Dan K.

   He who sleeps with a dream for prosperity might wake up in a nightmare.