Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Johnston leaving and more
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:41:37 -0000

> I started shooting
> all diagonals the they leaped off the page like they were
> skateboarding!!!
> Apparently Brooks have some more Avant Garde teachers now
> because a friend of
> mine was taught there to NOT have level horizons. Now what is
> the world coming too??!!
> Mark Rabiner

That, Mark, is not a question I think any of us what to know the answer
too....

I find that more and more I am almost exclusively shooting not diagonals,
but horizontals - even for portraits...While I'm still doing some verticals,
I prefer the horizontals because of the space they create around subjects,
and, if the truth be known, because I find that for some odd reason I can
hold the M much steadier horizontally than vertically....