Subject: Re: [Leica] Additional nattering from Rabiner
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:22:45 -0700

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> Mark Rabiner writes favoring plastic in Leica M-6 cameras the following
> message:"
>
> "Who cares if an internal indicator dial is made of plastic? It's just a disk
> with numbers on it! Plastic is sometimes better than metal.
> Mark Rabiner"
>
> Still have not heard how many plastic parts are contained in the M-6 cameras.
>
> Also, what part of the M-6 is better made from plastic?
>
> Are M-6's plastic marvels or are they all metal?
>
> Mark, now that you have opened the subject of plastic M-6 cameras, please let
> us know exactly which parts are plastic.
>
> Don R.

I was not opening up the subject I was responding to a subject which really
doesn't interest me too much. If there are plastic part's in a Leica M6 I'm sure
the work great. I've dropped my camera as I've said before numerous times on
cement and wooden and vinyl floors. I guess my camera has been tested on most of
the common ground services. And from several feet and with not a small amount of
inertia.
Takes a lickin and keeps on clicken whatever they are making it out of it seems
to be an appropriate choice of I'm sure hightech particleboard with graphite
ceramics in between. I'm shooting the thing not taking it apart and analyzing
the parts. I trust a company which has earned my trust.
You've gotten off to bad start with Leica with that bad pressure plate maybe you
should switch to Alpa or some interesting quality hand crafted esoteric product
that has not pissed you off?
Mark Rabiner