Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Herr Cohn und Drang
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:45:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/99 10:10:20 PM, dcardish@microtec.net writes:

<< Another way to look at this issue is, in twenty years, would you still be
interested in buying and using a Leica M6?  Ask the same question about a
Nikon F5 or Canon EOS1n or Minolta 9, and you will realize that there is no
overriding concern for Leica to come out with newer models such as an M7.

In case this isn't clear, are there people still looking for Nikon F4 or
Canon EOS1 (not n) or Minolta 9xi?  Not too many, I would think . . . >>

I certainly get your point. A Leica M is a Leica M, what more do you need? I
will part company with you on the reference to the Nikon F4, though. That is
the last pro-level Nikon camera with a traditional shutter speed dial. That
alone makes it a desirable camera in my mind. If they would just rip out all
the autofocus stuff and reissue it as a near-perfect manual focus machine the
world would be a better place . . .

Bob (hey, leave my Nikon alone) McEowen