Subject: [Leica] Re: Ernst Leitz company
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:33:21 -0000

Bill Carson <poppie@fidalgo.net> wrote:

>I asked the question this week as to whether Wild-Heerbrug still
owned the old E. Leitz Company?

Bill, I don’t have a definitive answer to your question. All the
Leitz-era buildings in Wetzlar now either belong to part of the Leica
group or have been sold. If the old company "Ernst Leitz Wetzlar"
still legally exists, it apparently owns no physical plants or
facilities, and I’d guess that all its patents and intellectual
property rights in the photographic field now belong to Leica at
Solms.

Regards,

Doug Richardson