Subject: Re: [Leica] A Question re LEICA
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:30:04 -0400

At 04:54 PM 10/27/1999 -0700, Bill Carson wrote:
>I asked the question this week as to whether Wild-Heerbrug still owned the
old
>E. Leitz Company?? Anyone know what happened to that alliance?  Bill Carson

Well, around fifteen or twenty years back, Wild-Heerbrug was bought out by
Cambridge PLC.  Cambridge hived off the camera, lens, binocular, and
slide-projector division of Leica in a management buy-out and retained the
rest (microscopes and scientific gear).  I believe the Ernst Leitz name is
gone, though.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!