Subject: RE: [Leica] Collapsible 50 summicron
From: Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:33:25 -0500

They're very good lenses. Check out Mr. Putt's site. he has an article
specific to the various generations of 50 Summicrons. Overall, he says the
collapsible is very good for out & about shooting with pleasing results.
Obviousely, the newest one gets the highest regard, but do not underestimate
the older versions. I have a Dual Range from 1960 and one that's two years
old. Like 'em both, but the Dual Range stays on my M4 so gets most of the
available light & B&W work. I owned the one you're looking at 5-6 years ago
& sold it with the M3 I had. Like most, I regretted doing that for a long
time.

Greg