Subject: Re: [Leica] Plastic spastic and Leicas
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:19:20 -0700

>Harrison McClary wrote:
>>
>> Just how in the **** would you mount a 1/4 ton lens to an M6 and if you
>> could WHY???
>>
>> I think the line about differing mounts was said in jest.....
>> --
>> Harrison McClary
>> http://www.mcclary.net
> I guess it is more like mounting the camera to the lens!
>mark rabiner

Once mounted the stability should make long shutter speeds possible, but
maybe not handheld. Handheld shots would likely reduce the resolution from
5,000lpmm to, possibly, 5. Also, holding the 500lb lens+camera for longer
than 1/4sec is probably asking too much. Wheels would be a good accessory
for candid shooting, as would a motor drive (possibly 2 litre, 100hp) for
those wheels. Don't hook up this motordrive to the film advance by mistake.
You'd go through 36 exposures before you have a chance to fire a shot.

Now I think I'll breath some air with Oxygen in it.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com