Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Street Photography debate
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 18:16:22 +0000

>> Friends
>>
>> During a recent discussion with a friend who takes mainly salon style
>> photography, he said that street photography is not artistic photography
>> because it breaks too many rules of composition, lighting, etc.
>
>Did you ask him what rules...since I have heard of only one rule in
>photography, mainly there are no rules.
>
>Art also...it is a form of expression and not governed by rules but emotion,
>I think.
>
>--
>Harrison McClary

Jem and Harrison,

My friend said that when a persons learns photography, he is taught about
composition, perspective, lighting, rule of thirds, proper use of selective
focussing, etc., to make the final picture pleasing to look at.

His view is that street photography is most of the time haphazard and that
you could give your pet chimpanzee a P&S camera and it will be able to
produce street scenes in many of the shots that it takes.

Dan K.

                       The pole of power is greasy.