Subject: [Leica] 90mm M Lens opinions?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:48:28 -0500

I know this might stir up some controversy, but I'd like to get an opinion
from the group.  I'm trying to decide on what 90 to buy for my M6.

Is there a practical (non $$) difference between the 90/2 Apo Summicron and
the 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit?  I know there's about a $1k price difference, but
is it worth it. (that's a very loaded question).

My first inclination is to buy a last-generation 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit (the
small one), and come back in 1-2 yrs and get a 90/2 Apo Summicron when
the're more plentiful.  That'd give me a 90 to work with now and not break
my bank account.

Skip

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ