Subject: [Leica] OT:Ilford DD-X and HP5+
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:01:48 -0500

Anyone on the list with any experience with Ilford's new liquid developer?
I tried some with HP5+ rated 400 and processed for the 9 min. they rec. and
thought the negatives to be too dense ( very unscientific but just a "gut"
feeling).  The second roll was done for 8 min and this seemed better.  While
I now that the standard answer is "your mileage may vary - do your own
testing"  - I have always done well using the manufacturers rec. times .
Any thoughts from those who have used DDX?

Ernie