Subject: [Leica] Pictures of the Year
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 08:36:32 +0000

>>>I've seen published
photo stories on homeless people, drug addicts, gang members, you name
it,
it's been done -- just look at the Pictures of the Year annual. They do
this
with full knowledge and participation of the subjects and still make
telling,
honest photos. So is the idea of so-called street photography that one
must
make pictures without the subject's permission? Why is this? Please
don't
tell me it's because of camera awareness -- like I say, look at the
Pictures
of the  Year annual . . . Bob (Just ask) McEowen<<<

The POY booth at the NYC show always chastens me. It's real photography.
That's about all that needs to be said. "All else is gaslight...."

- --Humbled Mike