Subject: RE: [Leica] street
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:39:18 -0500

Depending on who is doing the street photography I might agree. But anyone
with a camera can 'go out' and 'do' photography. some of it may even be
good. But 'the anyone with a camera' is not analogous to Jazz. I hope you
don't infer that anyone can do good jazz. but in my relationship with jazz
(as a player and a listener) it is a culmination of years of dedication and
effort. The learning of the instrument is therefore necessary. Jazz doesn't
neccesarily break every rule. some of it is avant garde (to coin an old
phrase) and 'out there'. but much of Jazz to me is emotive of the moment and
maintained within the music. It is a relationship with the other players and
an outlet from all of your past experiences that brings Jazz together.

Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com
rob@studiesinblackandwhite.com