Subject: RE: [Leica] .....DR Summicron...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:27:50 -0500

At 12:04 PM 11/2/1999 -0500, Stewart, Alistair wrote:
>IMHO, if you don't need the closeness, avoid this lens. It is generally more
>expensive than the rigid (collectors!), offers imvho no measurable optical
>advantages (the optical formula was the same as the then-current rigid), and
>ergonomically it is clumsier (ring spacing/closeness) and heavier.

Hmm.  I've owned both (two DR's and four rigids) and sold the rigids, as
they run, at least in these parts, about twice what the DR costs, and they
are identical optically.  The DR is a magnificent lens.  Those interested
should check out Erwin's analysis.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!