Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Ilford DD-X and HP5+
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 14:59:32 EST

Whilst I do not wish to get into a prolonged argument over my printing
techniques and Ilford paper etc., I do know that I have no problem with other
makes and have exhibited extensively both in Europe and the US without
adverse comment using Kodak or Ilford paper.   Ilford admit themselves,
through their professional division, that there can be mismatches between
enlarger heads (Saunders/LPL seem to be a problem, and guess what I have) and
also with negatives with an extended tonal range because of a mismatch of
curves.

I don't care what the problem is, I just know that I cannot print on the
stuff and know at least three other photographers in my locality who would
not touch it with a barge pole!   Pity, since it is the only paper easily
available off the shelf in most parts of the UK - even Kodak is by special
order only.

Gerry