Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Kodak, Jobo's and other anomalies
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 12:19:16 -0800

"Mueller, Rob" wrote:

> Mark,
> not everyone uses Ilford. John Sexton uses a lot of Kodak paper. I think he
> does a pretty good job of printing.
>
> Rob Mueller
No but they sure as hell don't use Kodak.
Sexton also uses a Jobo to make his negs, the man is an anomaly I can't explain
as his work is beyond reproach.
and I shouldn't have said it because this is were 20 guys with Jobo's weigh in
on "what's wrong with Jobo's the guy at the camera store said it was great?" but
I assure you Adams, Weston, White, the great masters would never touch Kodak
paper the way it looks now and barely anyone besides Sexton now does even if
Kodak threatens to ship tons of it free to the loading docks outside their
darkrooms... And certainly not some dumb gadget like a Jobo. But we've been
through all that before at least twice. I would think it would be obvious when
one is staring at junk.
Mark Rabiner