Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 Titanium in charcol gray color - a confession!
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:19:25 -0000

Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> wrote:

>such a short memory ;-) You saw my Ti M6 in London for a whole day
;-)

Ah, I must make a confession here. I'm afraid that given the choice
between looking at your M6 and your wife I chose the lady! Not just
because she is prettier than you are -- oops I mean than your M6 is --
but because she and I were the only reflex shooters, so were tagging
along at the rear of the party when we were all out taking pictures,
and were sitting opposite each other at lunch so we could ignore all
you rangefinder types! And when I did briefly see your gear, it was
the massive Leitz-era 85mm f1.5 Summarex that caught my eye, not the
camera was mounted on. So although I recall you talking about your
titanium M6 -- and how the dogs had bought you a titanium f1.4 35mm
Summilux to match it (I'm not making this up, folks) -- I don't recall
clapping eyes on the exotic metalwork itself.

It was a great day, and if we ever do it again, I promise I will look
at your CAMERA. Honestly!

Regards,

Doug