Subject: Re: [Leica] DR a bargain??
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 12:40:44 -0500

At 11:18 AM 11/3/1999 -0500, Dan Cardish wrote:
>Horrors associated with SLR's?  I looked for some smiley faces and didn't
>find them, so I assume you are being serious.  My dinky $179 plastic
>barrelled Minolta 50 will focus more closely with one simple twist of the
>focus ring than the DR can after fumbling with the acursed eyes and produce
>almost identical results (I'm being kind to the DR here).  And you define
>'macro' by what the DR delivers?  A super close-up 19" with a 50?

No humour was intended.  With an SLR, you're stuck with a big, clunky,
noisy, shaky camera, lacking the tight precision of even a mediocre RF
design.  Besides, my aging eyes can no longer focus accurately with an SLR
but do just fine with a rangefinder.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!