Subject: Re: [Leica] LFI "This is Our Work!"
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 07:43:42 -0800

Dan C. wrote:

>It just so happens that a portion of a street half a block from where I
>live has been renamed Sir William Osler Street.>>>>>>

Hi Dan,

That's nice to know, next time I'm in Montreal I'll have a look and shoot
some things along the street.  It's nice to know this great Canadian
physician is gradually getting the recognition he deserves.

The American medical profession has a greater appreciation of him than we
do in Canada. I suppose it's because he took the American medical teaching
system out of the dark ages and began one of the finest teaching facilities
in the US, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.

I bet if he were alive today, he'd be toting a Leica M6 on his grand
rounds! :) It would be his kind of documenting instrument, as he was a
stickler for recording information on patients and isn't that we do with
our Leica's?

Thanks for the note on the street as I'm starting a new project in spring
2000 photographing at the various locations where he was involved in
Canada, the USA, Germany and the UK.  As well as any other locations where
his immediate influence changed the medical life of a nation.

regards,
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant