Subject: Re: [Leica] Light? What light?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:45:17 -0800

At 9:29 AM -0800 11/4/99, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Johnny Deadman wrote:
>>
>> > I was out today in Vancouver. Street photography took on the winter
>>meaning
>> > here. Some rain; overcast you might say. 1/60sec at 1/4 with 400ISO
>>film in
>> > the brighter parts at around 1:30pm. One of those times you might want
>>some
>> > fast glass. Even Mike Johnston could find a use for it here, I'm sure :-)
>>
>> Same day in London -- exactly one stop more light! Gawd bless the 35/1.4. So
>> nice to keep shooting until it's dark.
>>
>> The only way I can go shoot with my 20/5.6 at this time of year is pushing
>> TMY to 3200. (It looks so ugly at 5.6 you have to shoot at 8 minimum).
>>
>> So I don't.
>>
>> --
>> Johnny Deadman
>>
>> "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
>> difference between lightning and a lightning bug" - Mark Twain
>
>You guys are all nuts!!! :)
>I'm a big fan of f11; point and shoot. In my Rollei 35 and M6 bodies both
>there
>is Delta 3200 which I shoot at 1600 Xtol 1:3 12 minutes 70 degrees blend every
>minute for 5 or ten seconds.
>With a yellow green filter my effective ASA is 800 but that will come off hand
>held in low light.
>
>There are two categories of fast lenses we are talking about here on the M
>system.
>The 50 and 35 Summilux which are an increment bigger and heavier than their
>Summicron counterparts.
>And the special purpose big guns like the Noctilux and the 75 which are not
>normally thought of as what you'd have on your camera all day out on the town.
>I've got nothing against them.
>It's just my particular concept of the M6 SO FAR is more that of more of
>an all
>day "have with me" camera.
>Mark Rabiner:)

I just read my post again. Another case of the fingers and the brain being
disconnected. What I meant to say was '1/60sec at f/1.4 at 400 ISO'. I'm
afraid the Rollei 35 is not the best camera in these conditions.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com