Subject: [Leica] grip
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 09:57:30 +0000

I learned how to hold a leica from the excellent book 'the other side of the
camera', which is a collection of portraits of all my fave photographers
including Winogrand, Frank, Callaghan, etc etc etc. Some of the best photos
are of GW, who has the thin leica strap wrapped around his palm. If you do
this, as I do now, you have the camera absolutely securely anchored, and can
shoot in a whole variety of different handholds, but can unattach and go to
a round-the-neck thing in a moment. It doesn't work with the current Leica
strap with the neck protector thing...you have to poke around in camera
stores for something that works. But when it works...

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The unfinished is nothing" - Frederick Amiel